Hurray! I’ve been nominated for my first blogger award! Thank you for the nomination, Yaansoon, whose beautiful blog I’ve been following since December 2013. Yansoon is an eco-entrepreneur who makes modern folk-themed handmade products from recycled and/or natural materials (Visit her blog.).
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who “work hard to keep the blogosphere a beautiful place.” What a nice description!
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 hidden facts about yourself.
- Nominate other blogger friends for the award.
The award, to be honest, was rather unexpected as I have stopped updating the blog since I left Spain in April 2014. Once in a while, I see a surge in statistics on Hello Pomelo’s Facebook page which means that there are still people out there who find my old posts useful and interesting. This is very encouraging that in fact I have thought about reviving the blog on many occasions.
Unfortunately, now that I am back in my home country, the Philippines, I have other priorities in mind. I closed my two Etsy shops last year and have quit writing on my other blog, Denim and Gray. I now have a full-time job.
But this award is definitely making me look at things differently. Who knows? I just might re-open the doors of Hello Pomelo soon.
Until then, I hope that you can join me in my new venture – Olie Olie.
Seven hidden facts about myself:
- I’m a ghostwriter.
- On a holiday in Riga in 2010, we forgot to return the room key to the hotel front desk upon checkout. We still have the key to this day.
- I never liked the phrase “as per.”
- In college, I was invited for membership in the Atheists Circle. Tempting, but I said no.
- Before I visited Museu Picasso in Barcelona, I did not know that Picasso was also a realist painter.
- My right foot is (slightly) bigger than my left foot, and shopping for shoes is frequently an awful experience.
- I judge a book by its cover.
As for the nomination, I will do that tomorrow because I still need to go back to work. Oh, crazy schedule! ;)
Thanks to everyone who supported Hello Pomelo despite the hiatus! :)
UPDATE 8 May 2015: I am nominating Pinay Travel Junkie and Heels and Peplum for the award. They have been recognized many times by the blogging community but I think that one more award for their awesome talents would not hurt :)